If you live in or near the Grand Ledge, MI area, you know it is located a few miles from Lansing, it has the appeal of a small town but boasts some of the amenities of larger metro areas. Island Park is one of the biggest attractions in the area and many tourists and locals alike visit the park to enjoy the great outdoors.
Insurance Laws in Michigan
If you decide to visit the area, keep in mind that insurance laws may be different than they are in your home state. Looking for auto insurance in the Grand Ledge area may be confusing because there are a number of car insurance companies in the area.
- Michigan law requires you to carry no-fault auto insurance. This protects you if you are not at fault in an accident, but it does not pay for damages that are due to other drivers’ miscalculations.
- Purchase collision insurance if you wish to have coverage for damage to your car that is your fault or that is due to uninsured or underinsured drivers.
- Minimum auto insurance coverage is 50,000/100,000/10,000 per accident.
- Limits for bodily injury in a covered accident are $50,000 per person.
- Maximum is $100,000 per incident
Tips for Finding the Right Level of Coverage
There are a few tips that you should follow to make sure you find what you need while making sure you are maintaining the minimums required by Michigan law.
- Deal with an insurance agency that understands the minimums and the application of no-fault insurance in Michigan.
- Don’t overinsure your vehicle, but make sure you have the largest amount of coverage you can afford without going over the amount you really need based on your level of risk.
- Compare yourself after speaking with an agent at a trusted insurance agency like Bye Financial Group LLC to see which one is giving you the most fitting deal.
- Feel free to shop around before committing.
About Bye Financial Group LLC
Bye Financial Group LLC serves the Grand Ledge, MI area and they are dedicated to helping you find the right amount of insurance for your auto insurance needs. We also carry other types of insurance. Visit us today and contact us to learn more.